Instagram is not any but a utility app for the 21st generation people. It had been launched back in October 2010 and was initially popular among celebrities, it recently emerged as an area for people to showcase their talents and highlight issues, which otherwise would go unnoticed. Done saying that, a bit like Facebook and other social media platforms, Instagram also gets many posts that spread fake news, misinformation, also acts as a mini-hub for cyberbullying. this might be the rationale on why you would like to deactivate your Instagram account, or even the horrendous amounts of screen time have started taking a toll on you.
Before we start our discussion on deleting the Instagram account, it’s important to understand that there are two ways for that:
- Temporary disabling or deactivating one’s account
- Permanent deletion of the Instagram account
How to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account?
To temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, you would like to follow the steps
- Log into your Instagram account from a mobile browser or computer by visiting https://instagram.com.
- Tap or click your profile icon from the top-right corner then select the Edit Profile option.
- Now, scroll down then tap or click the Temporarily disable my account option within the bottom right.
- Instagram will show you a page with a menu next to ‘Why are you disabling your account?’, you will need to select an option from the menu then re-enter your password. The menu includes options like Can’t find people to follow, concerned about my data, just need an opportunity, Privacy concerns, too busy/ too distracting, too many ads, and need to get rid of something. You can also pick the Something else option if you do not want to specify your reason for temporary deactivation.
- Tap or click the Temporarily Disable Account button to accomplish the deactivation process.
Instagram has provided the choices to line your posts private or block people, just in case you do not want to deactivate your account but want to form changes to regulate your privacy and preferences.
The temporary disabling of the account will cause no harm to your data. If you would like to urge your account back, just sign using an equivalent user name and password and you’ll land back to your account. That said, if you do not want to deactivate but permanently delete your Instagram account, there’s a separate workaround.
How to delete your Instagram account permanently?
If you would like to How to deactivate Instagram account temporarily you would like to follow the steps provided below. it’s important to notice that when you delete your account, you cannot check-in again using an equivalent username or add that username to a different account. Instagram also can’t reactivate any deleted accounts.
- To permanently delete your Instagram account, attend the Delete Your Account page after logging into Instagram through any internet browser.
- Now, you will be required to pick an option from the menu next to Why are you deleting your account? There are options like Too many ads, Privacy concerns, concerned about my data, created a second account, Trouble getting started, want to get rid of something, and Can’t find people to follow.
Instagram will provide links to a number of the articles in its Help Centre associated with your reason. you’ll also choose the choice titled Something else from the menu if your particular reason for deletion isn’t on the list.
- You’ll now need to re-enter your password.
- Click or tap the Permanently delete my account button. If you follow these steps, counting on your needs you’ll obviate your Instagram account on a short–lived or permanent basis. It is to be noted that the app doesn’t allow you to delete your account permanently, it can only be done if logged in through desktop or mobile browser.
Also once deleted you can’t use an equivalent username for signing in, and every one your data are going to be deleted which data won’t be retrievable. So, whenever you opt to urge obviate your account, make your decision wisely as any decision made hurriedly can cause you to lose all of your data